Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

iCal says my password is rejected

(closed account) says:
Whenever I subscribe to the "iCalendar Service (All Lists)" link in iCal, it doesn't sync any of my to do items, including the date due, task name, etc... A little triangle shows up next to the Remember the Milk calendar saying that my password was rejected by the server, but I am 100% sure it's right. It logs me in one time and allows me to set the options like the "Remove To Do" checkbox, but then it won't log in again. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Posted at 4:41pm on April 13, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
It might be worth double checking if you have the latest software update from Apple from iCal (as it seems like there have been quite a few issues in iCal with iCalendar subscriptions, particularly on Leopard).

If you have the latest version, you could try removing then re-adding the subscription -- hopefully that might clear iCal.

Hope this helps!
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
hi emily,

i did a software update to check for anything new but I've found nothing. If there's been a problem with leopard then i guess i'll have to wait for the next update. I've already tried adding the subscription a second time but that hasn't worked for me yet.

Any other suggestions? If not, then I guess I'll wait it out.

Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
stocker says:
I second this issue with my account. I've just tried adding the to-do based webcal (following the FAQ's steps), and iCal complaints about my password being rejected by RTM. I tried both username and email, with no avail - just like when I tried to delete and re-subscribe to the webcal as suggested by emily above. Any other suggestions? (Yes, the updates are all done, and I'm using leopard!)

Regards, and thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
stocker says:
Ok, it's working now. I really don't know what has changed. Now the only sad thing is that it is read only... Would it be veeeery hard to enable a two-way sync? I can lend a hand, if needed ;)

Thanks.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
it still isn't working for me... i guess it's just a matter of waiting for an iCal update
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.