Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Can I get reminders by email for all tasks?

(closed account) says:
I just started evaluating RTM. I am not someone that meticulously maintains a 'to do' list by due date, but I do keep a task list. My problem is that RTM appears only able to email reminders for tasks when they are due or at some point before they are due. Is there any way to get RTM to email me my entire task list each day? I want to see all the items on my to do list without having to go to the website.

Thanks.
Posted at 1:58pm on April 11, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
mkreindler, sorry it's only possible to receive a daily reminder that includes tasks due that day (or tasks that are upcoming a particular amount of time in advance) -- it's not possible to include all tasks in a daily email.
Posted 15 years ago
aaronhh says:
I was also troubled by the fact that there is not a specific way to differentiate an event which will occur at a specific day and time with a task that I am currently planning to do on a specific day. But I figured out a simple work-around which has served me nicely. I differentiate the events by giving all of the events the tag word "event". That way I can easily view only the events which will occur at a specific day and time, without them being mixed up with the tasks that I am planning to do on certain days but do not necessarily have to be done on those days.

Example, I had a book report that was due on a specific day, but obviously I wanted to work on the book report before the day it was due. So, I created two separate tasks, both called "Book Report", but one of them had the tag event with the appropriate due date, and the other task had a date which was updated and postponed from day to day as I decided what day I wanted to work on the book report next.

The nice thing about assigning a "due date" for each task which corresponds to the next day that you want to work on that task, is that you can switch to the overview screen and get a nice print out of your entire week which includes every task that you are planning to do on each specific day. I have a feeling this was the way that RTM intended for this feature to be used. :)

Does that make sense? :)

Posted 15 years ago
aaronhh says:
And more importantly, when you use the feature this way, you get a nice email of everything you are planning to work on everyday. And you are still able to differentiate all of your events , whenever you need to do so. :)
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.