Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Greater Than symbol ">" next to task.

alicea says:
Does anyone know what this means? I tried searching for it in the help but couldn't find out anything. Thanks, Michael
Posted at 11:40am on April 9, 2008
johnwin says:
It signifies which task is 'selected' and that will be actinone by the keyboard shortcuts.

See the list of shortcuts here:

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/help/answers/basics/keyboard.rtm
Posted 16 years ago
aaronhh says:
If you hit "j" the > symbol moves down.

If you hit "k" the > symbol moves up.

It gets confusing without practice, because the > symbol operates independently of what you are doing with the mouse pointer, so you have to be careful what shortcut keys you hit, and also be careful that you do not have things selected that you forgot about when you are operating in the multi edit mode which is activated by hitting the letter "m".
Posted 16 years ago
aaronhh says:
:)
Posted 15 years ago
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
aaronhh: Now I regret telling you how you can find your own posts. You can imagine how boring it would be looking through the forum if all the posts were just bumps for the poster's previous posts.

And no, I'm not an RTM spokesperson or something, just interested in keeping the forum in shape.
Posted 15 years ago
aaronhh says:
rajjan,

Don't worry about it. Everything is going to be okay. LOL

I am OCD myself, so it is funny to observe other people who have the same affliction that I have.

Although, I currently have the advantage of a Zoloft prescription, so I am able to relax a lot more and realize many of the ways that I was trying to make things too perfect and expecting other people to conform perfectly to certain guide lines. But it is cool, because without us OCD crusaders, there would not be as many things available in a useful detailed format, right? LOL :) Imagine how few RTM suggestions would come rolling in without us OCD crusaders? LOL :) so in a way, we are paying for our membership simply by feeling compelled to offer every single detailed suggestion that comes to our OCD minds, right? LOL :)
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.