Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Text Message RTM and have it added to Google Calendar

mikegabriel says:
Hey everyone,

Sorry if this has been asked before but I did some searching to no avail... I am wondering if it is possible to text (the inbox email) and say "Work April 7 0700 - 1200" and have it create an event on my google calendar for April 7th from 7am until noon.

I work shift work and am constantly getting called when I am not near my computer to update my calendar and this would be really convenient. If RTM does not support this, anyone know of a service that does. BTW - I am in Canada and up here the feature built into gCal does not work.

Thanks in advance!
Posted at 12:57pm on April 6, 2008
(closed account) says:
You should use Jott for this, not RTM. http://jott.com/jott/google-calendar.html

And I checked before posting and it works from Canada. Set it up to access your calendar, then just call the number from work and add your event.
Posted 16 years ago
mikegabriel says:
Haha and the kicker, I am in Saskatchewan where Jott has no local number for. therefore I would be getting long distance changes everytime, do they support SMS?
Posted 16 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.