Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Repeating annually on the 2nd Sunday in May, or similar

anniemess says:
How do you get a task to repeat on the 2nd Sunday in May every year, as in wanting "Call Mom" to appear every Mother's Day? Father's Day and Thanksgiving present similar problems... Thanks in advance for suggestions!
Posted at 11:18pm on April 3, 2008
xynetha says:
Hiya anniemess.

I don't have an ideal solution, but there is a way. If you are using Firefox and have installed the Gmail plug in, the tasks you add there are integrated with your Google Calendar (and Gmail Contacts). This means that if you have Mother's day on your Google Calendar, you can type in the task "Call Mother on Moth..." and Mother's day should pop up. Select and hit enter and it will automatically set the date for you.

The next logical question is "how the heck do I set dates like Thanksgiving on my Google Calendar?" Select the third Thursday of November of this year, repeat monthly, every 12 months, repeat by day of the week, then thank me for looking it up for you ;)

Lots of "ifs" I know, but there you go.
Posted 15 years ago
anniemess says:
Thanks for the workaround, xynetha - wonder if this will work for an iCal user?

iCal uses the same repeat method (every 12 months, etc) that you suggest for Google Calendar. Maybe RTM will build in that option in the future... they've got so many other repeat formats, I was really surprised when this one didn't work!

I haven't played much with linking iCal to RTM yet - I suspect the integration may not be as complete as it is with Google Calendar so we'll see - if anybody has tried this workaround with iCal let me know...

Thanks again! :)
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.