Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

"no tasks" in RTM for gmail

(closed account) says:
When I open Gmail, my RTM panel does appear, but my tasks don't show up. It has the search box and the options menu, but it just says "No tasks." To get around this, I find I can log out of the pane and then log back in. However, this is getting old and I'm tired of doing it every time I load up Gmail.

Stats: Newest version of Gmail, FF 2, Windows XP SP2, relevant extensions - Greasemonkey, Better Gmail 2, and of course RTM for Gmail.
Posted at 1:31pm on April 3, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
amalas, just in case there's something else affecting this, would it be possible to disable other extensions and Greasemonkey scripts that makes changes to Gmail, then restart the browser and try again?

Also, can I ask what your default view in RTM for Gmail is? Do you have it set to display all tasks?

Thanks!
Posted 16 years ago
(closed account) says:
Just disabled everything I could think of that was related to Gmail (Customize Google, Better Gmail 2, and Greasemonkey) and reloaded FF. Same thing.

I do have it set to display all tasks. I don't use any filters or views.
Posted 16 years ago
kelly.caylor says:
I am having the same problem using FF2 on OS X (with and without Better Gmail 2).
Posted 16 years ago
ober37 says:
me too
Posted 16 years ago
(closed account) says:
I'm still having this problem.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I have been having this problem for weeks. I feel as frustrated as amalas does.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I just found a fix for my issue. My "tasks view", found below the add task textbox, was set to have a weird filter. It was not obvious to me that my tasks were being filtered. Clearing this filter seems to have corrected my problem.

I had been given the advice to clear this before but I thought they were referring to clicking on "all tasks" in the option menu below.

I seems confusing that there are two filters: The task view and the Options drop down on the bottom.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Weird...

I reloaded FF and Gmail (to simulate a fresh opening) and I had the same "no tasks" thing. Then I clicked on the "tasks view" filter below the textbox and selected "all tasks". My tasks showed up right away.

To make sure it wasn't just for that session, I refreshed Gmail a bunch of times and even restarted FF completely. Normally when that happens, it would go back to "no tasks", but now everything shows up.

Weird... And thanks for the tip kevm!
Posted 15 years ago
kenyob says:
How can RTM tasks be easily synced on the iPhone?
Is there ever going to be a native tasking application on the iPhone that offline syncs with these services.
I am exploring the topic of no tasks on the iphone on my blog. http://www.briankenyon.com/No-Tasks-on-the-iPhone
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.