Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Tasks transferred to Sent, even though not sent, and no way to transfer them back to another list

anna.holloway says:
Emily, Please help! This has happened to me once, and now it has happened to a person who I recommended this program to. When she tried to send three tasks to me, they did not send, even though my user name is correctly entered into her contact list. But my contact list does not have her user name in it. But that is a separate issue. The issue here, is that she would like to try sending these tasks again, but they are all sitting in her sent list with the designation "not sent". Why are these tasks in the sent list if they have not been sent? And more importantly, why is there not a way to transfer the tasks back out of the sent list so that we can try sending them again? I do not think it is fair for us to have to retype a task in order to try again to send it. I should mention that I am typing this Help Post from within her account. My account is "aaronhh". This is an issue which might not ever occur for experienced users, but it occurred for me when I was brand new, and now it is occurring for another brand new user, so this is definitely an issue which needs to be addressed ASAP.
Posted at 2:19am on March 31, 2008
aaronhh says:
I figured out a "work around" for anna.holloway to solve her problem, but the original problem still needs to be fixed.

The workaround involves doing a blank search which returns all tasks, including the sent tasks, and from here the sent tasks can be moved back to a different folder using the drop down options.

I don't know what would happen if this work around was used to move a task out of sent that was actually successfully sent, since the tasks anna.holloway moved out of the sent folder had not yet been successfully sent, so this might be another bug that needs to be fixed. I'm not sure.

I hope this helps!
Posted 16 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
aaronhh, I apologise for the delay. We're currently looking into this -- this definitely shouldn't happen! I think we might have introduced this problem fairly recently while fixing another issue. We'll get it fixed up as soon as we can.
Posted 16 years ago
aaronhh says:
thank you for your response! "emily" is one of my favorite names. I just thought I would mention that, even though it has nothing to do with this issue. :) I think 3 days is an awesome response time for a program that we are not even paying for yet. You guys are really on the ball! :) I will be upgrading to pro as soon as I get my next pay check.
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hehe, no problem :)
Posted 15 years ago
aaronhh says:
:)
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.