Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

RTM Showing in Gmail AND Work Email

krawnight says:
I like RTM. It's a nice program and I like having it show up with my gmail.

However, I also use Google Mail for my work email, but it's a different domain (i.e. not @gmail.com). I keep the seperate emails open in seperate windows.

In the last couple days RTM has started appearing in my work email, and I can't figure out anyway to hide it. It's still linked to my gmail address but having it show for my work email is very annoying. Please tell me there is a way to fix this.

Thanks.
Posted at 7:07pm on March 27, 2008
(closed account) says:
It's a collapsible sidebar. Look for the little arrow about mid-way down the screen and close it.
Posted 16 years ago
krawnight says:
I know how to close it, but it reappears each time I log on to my work email.

My concern isn't over how to hide it. My concern is over why RTM is appearing in a completely separate email account from the one I linked to it.
Posted 16 years ago
(closed account) says:
It's a Firefox add-in that acts on mail.google.com pages. It isn't tied to the log-in credentials for your mail account.
Posted 16 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
As dlw posted, RTM for Gmail will display in any Gmail account that you use in Firefox.

It probably started appearing in your work account only recently as Google started to roll out the new version of Gmail to all Google Apps users -- before that, if you were on the old version, it wouldn't have displayed RTM for Gmail.

Hope this helps!
Posted 16 years ago
krawnight says:
Thanks, Emily. This makes a lot of sense.

I don't suppose there is any way for me to have it only appear in my gmail and not my work email short of using a separate browser?
Posted 16 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Sorry, there isn't -- if you collapse the panel in one account, it should remember that preference though (so you can have it always open in one account and always closed in another). If that's not working correctly, please let me know. Thanks!
Posted 16 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.