Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

RTM panel disappears on GMail refresh

(closed account) says:
I am using the RTM for GMail Firefox extension and I appreciate it and use it constantly. There is one issue that bothers me. If I have to refresh a GMail page for any reason, the RTM panel disappears completely. The only way I have found to make it reappear is to completely exit Firefox and then restart it.

Have others seen this behavior? Is there a work around?
Posted at 1:03pm on March 27, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
jdefgts, can I ask which version of Firefox you're using? Thanks!
Posted 16 years ago
Sorry I forgot -- can I ask which operating system you're using also? Thanks! :)
Posted 16 years ago
(closed account) says:
That would be Firefox version 2.0.0.13 (but the same problem occurred on previous versions) and Windows XP Home, SP 2.

And in answer to your next question, the same behavior occurs with all Firefox extensions (except RTM) disabled.

Hope we can find a solution. It is annoying.
Posted 16 years ago
We're checking into it -- Google sometimes makes newer versions of the Gmail code available to some users (before rolling out to everyone), so your Gmail account may be loading new code (that's currently not fully compatible with our extension).
Posted 16 years ago
(closed account) says:
This problem has existed for at least a month. I have discovered that after the RTM panel disappears, if I clear the RTM cookies and refresh GMAIL again, the panel reappears and I am able to login again, withouth restarting Firefox.
Posted 16 years ago
(closed account) says:
Emily,

I started experimenting with the cookies and determined that deleting the "SID" RTM cookie allows me to refresh the GMail and magically make the RTM panel reappear.

I hope this is helpful in resolving the problem. It remains a pain to delete that cookie each time I refresh.
Posted 16 years ago
merkiful says:
Hi Emily,

I'm still having a refreshing problem...the refresh button doesn't work. I'm using the "inbox" view, and when I change the category of the todo item it doesn't disappear. I have latest, vanilla firefox and gmail, sort by name, group by none, list: inbox.

Thanks!

David
Posted 16 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.