Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Vodafone UK SMS support

morisimo says:
Just wanted to check Vodafone is supported in the UK. It is not listed under available operators in the UK. I haven't tried "other" yet, but just wanted to bring this to your attention and also ask if this is a problem?

Thanks
Posted at 2:50am on March 22, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
We can provide reminders if the mobile network provides a free email-to-SMS service -- would you happen to know if Vodafone UK provides this?

An alternative way to receive SMS reminders is to use our Twitter service, which you can set up here. This supports many more mobile providers (even those without email-to-SMS services). On the Twitter site (under settings), you can set up your mobile to receive messages. Once this is set up, you'll receive reminders on your mobile.

Hope this helps!
Posted 16 years ago
vitobotta says:
morisimo, I am having the same problems with Vodafone UK. They confirmed that the gateway exists and uses email addresses in the form yournumber@vodafone.net, but it has never worked for me in all possible combinations of the number... Now I am using Twitter notifications, but I am not sure about how much Twitter charges for each text. Emily do you know anything about this? Thx
Posted 16 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Twitter doesn't charge you anything, but Vodafone may charge you to receive text messages (it would depend on your plan with Vodafone -- I'm not familiar with how this works in the UK, sorry).
Posted 16 years ago
morisimo says:
Via Twitter seems like a viable option. I assume recieving texts from Twitter just come out of my monthly allowance, but I am not sure about this. Don't know about the email-to-SMS gateway either. Sorry!

Thanks for the info though Emily, your are uber helpful!
Posted 16 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.