Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Question about reminders...

(closed account) says:
Howdy all! Is it possible to create a SmartList of birthday reminders, for example, and have the tasks within that SmartList set up to remind a day in advance?

For example, if I have birthday tasks on the date of the birthdays themselves, is it possible set up a list that'll remind me a day or two prior to the birthdays so I can remember to get gifts, send cards, etc?

Thx much!
Posted at 1:41pm on March 20, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
It's not currently possible to receive customised reminders for a Smart Lists, sorry -- reminder settings apply across all tasks in your account.
Posted 16 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
Korym, as much as I love RTM (which is a lot), given RTM's current reminder capabilities, I'd encourage you to look to Google Calendar for your birthday tracking needs. It has very flexible reminder capabilities, and the data can then be brought into iCal or Thunderbird. 30boxes is another similar site if you're not a fan of Google.
Posted 16 years ago
beau.raines says:
Plaxo and other contact managers do birthday reminders in advance...
Posted 16 years ago
johnwin says:
Plaxo are very good at this. I use a mix of outlook, plaxo and rtm. It sound complicated - but it's not (promise)
Posted 16 years ago
frankathl says:
A compromise would be to create a Smart list of birthdays where the tasks are invisible until one or two days before the date. Then, when they pop up, you'll know it's time to hit the shops. Once completed, the task will disappear from the list, so you'll only ever see those that are pending(unless you forget to check, of course!).This is nearly as good as a reminder, but requires that you check the birthday list on a regular basis(ie, daily! :-) ).
In general, I find RTM's reminders more than adequate to my needs.
Posted 16 years ago
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
There's no need to have a special Birthday smart list, just incorporate that search into your normal smart lists.
Posted 16 years ago
frankathl says:
True. There is no need for a special Birthdays list. The fewer lists you can manage with, the better.
Posted 16 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.