Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Multiple users on shared computer

gregmeboe says:
Hi, my wife and I have separate gmail accounts, and separate RTM accounts, but share the same computer at different times.
RTM seems to be mixing tasks between accounts. Both in the RTM site, as well as the RTM Gmail Firefox extension. Methods such as formally logging out of RTM/Gmail, closing the browser tab, restarting the browser, have not helped.
RTM seems to be completely flummoxed, attempting to "synchronize" our separate accounts in a complex manner.

Is there a setting I can change to completely isolate these 2 RTM accounts?

Thanks!
Posted at 6:46pm on March 12, 2008
gregmeboe says:
I tried some sample tasks, after having unchecked the "remember me on this computer" at the RTM login screen.

Seems like RTM is doing better. RTM only adds tasks to the RTM account that is currently signed in, regardless of which Gmail account one is using.

Logging into/out of Gmail has no effect on the RTM account. Be nice if it did though.

So, it looks like if you use RTM on a shared computer, you have to log out of RTM explicitly.

Any enhancements on the horizon which would allow RTM to integrate logons seamlessly with gmail?
Posted 16 years ago
ponderosatree says:
Logging in/out of Gmail and RTM is separate. When you switch between Gmail accounts the RTM program will remain logged in to the same RTM account.

To prevent this you should create seperate profile in Firefox. Just Google "Firefox profiles" for info on creating seperate profiles. You'll have to re-install the RTM for Gmail program on the new profile.

So long as each of you operates in their own profile when using Firefox you shouldn't have this problem. I use this system to keep my personal and work RTM tasks separate.
Posted 16 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.