Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

More MilkSync connect issues...

benster says:
I posted before that I couldn't get auto-synch working in the background. Once I initiated a synch with the app open and it successfully worked, then it started auto-synching. I noticed the issue again today and the same thing fixed it. I wonder if MilkSync has an issue when it cannot connect during an auto-synch where it doesn't attempt any more scheduled auto-synchs for some reason? Or for some period of time? It appears to somewhat consistently be doing this but it's hard to tell. Maybe on a SmartPhone where you can turn the phone off or change your connection settings to something invalid so you cannot connect and then wait for an auto-synch. If it doesn't happen then setup your phone so that it connects properly again and see if MilkSync recovers. It would be nice to reproduce it as I have now begun checking for synch success just in case and fixing it if it has gotten in this state.

Also, on the Dash or other 320x240 phones the screen is formatted badly - I have to scroll down to see the synch status because it's in the middle of a screen designed for a much taller device. It'd be nice if it was at the top so everyone could see it or if it adjusted based on screen resolution. Not a killer, though...

Thx,

benster
Posted at 3:23pm on February 29, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
benster, we're doing some further digging into the auto-sync issue.

The formatting is on our list to fix -- it should be automatically adjusting for screen dimensions, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be working in some cases.

Thanks for your reports!
Posted 15 years ago
benster says:
No prob - at least there are workarounds here.

Thx,

benster
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.