Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

clumsy entry process

esmp says:
When I add a task, *surely* there's some fluid way to go on and add details via keyboard. But I'm always doing something like this sequence of keystrokes:

t
Call bank [or whatever]
{return}
n [unselect other tasks which are still selected]
kkkkkj [navigate "cursor" arrow to the task I just entered, irritated because I have to look at the screen to see where the cursor is moving]
i
u
Today
(etc.)

The tab key would be the intuitive way to go from the task name to the details pane, but that bounces me into the URL/search bar rotation.

What am I missing?

Google's calendar's "quick add" feature allows me to throw all the metadata into the name, and it gets smartly parsed, as in call bank today...
Posted at 8:55pm on February 27, 2008
jemerick says:
You can edit details for the recently added task without the need to select it since it is the current task. Here is how I entry stuff via the keyboard:

t
the task name
d
when its due
s
any tags that are needed
t
the next task to add
d
the due date of the newest task
s
tags

I hope that was clear enough and answered your question... if not let me know...
Posted 16 years ago
roopesh says:
Is there any easy way to add notes?
Posted 16 years ago
jemerick says:
the keyboard shortcut "y" adds a note to the currently selected task.

when viewing notes you can use "h" to switch between the notes tab and the tasks tab so you can view your notes.

More keyboard shortcuts can be found here.
Posted 16 years ago
thegurnick says:
I have to aggree the entry process is a little clumsy as things jump all over the place when you enter them.

Just because keystrokes make that easier to do it is not an excuse to not make the interface better.

I for one rarely ever use keystrokes, although now I have a bit of a tutorial maybe ill start
Posted 16 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.