Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Trying to use Launchy to add tasks - Any command line parameters?

paustin says:
I am hoping to be able to use Launchy (www.launchy.net) to add tasks. If there are any command line options to add a task to rtm, I would love to hear them. I noticed that there is a Perl script (wont work for me), and a command line option for sending a Twitter message to rtm (this functionality is currently down).

Any suggestions?
Posted at 2:39pm on February 26, 2008
ranbarton Power Poster says:
Does this help?
http://lifehacker.com/software/hack-attack/take-launchy-beyond-application-launching-284127.php
Posted 16 years ago
paustin says:
Yes, it would if the Twitter ==> RTM worked. It has been down for over a month. Additionally, although I can access RTM from within our corporate wall, they block twitter access completely.

If you look at the .BAT files that are referenced, you are really just sending a commandline to Twitter saying, [here is who I am] [Here is my password] [send a message to RTM].

I'm hoping for the same commands for RTM. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Posted 16 years ago
benster says:
Use something to send an email to your RTM email address. A combo of a cmd-line email client and a formatted email would work nicely.
Posted 16 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.