Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Selection Model is confusing

jason.allen says:
I hate to complain, given that this service is mostly free, but I figure I'd chip in and let you know why I won't be using this service in the future:

the selection model is totally confusing.

Between rows being highlighted, checkboxes being selected and a little dotted line connected to the info box, I never know what will happen when I perform an action (like, type '1' to make it prio 1). I end up continually mis-applying actions and screwing up my list.

I end up typing 'N' all the time - to unselect everything, but when I forget I end up corrupting my data (which I sometimes dont catch in time to undo). SO, thanks for the service - there' s a lot of promise here and mebbe others find the selection model 'right', but its costing me more time than just using a simpler system.
Posted at 2:35am on February 26, 2008
ranbarton Power Poster says:
This thread has many precursors as well:

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/ideas/3859/
and
http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/help/3739/

I think this issue is not going away.
Posted 16 years ago
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
Also, I find it confusing that some things are changed in the list box at the top and others in the box at right. Some actions will only apply to one item at a time even though several where selected (typically the ones at right) while others apply to all even though multi-edit mode was NOT selected.

Given all the recent updates including Gmail, iPhone, Twitter, MilkSync etc, I long for an update to the RTM site itself. My favorites (I can't use the common "I would become Pro if..." as that not possible ;-)
1 Inline parsing of tags, due dates, durations, lists, location etc
2 Removing the confusing multi-edits when not in multi-edit mode.
3 Streamlining actions so they are all in one place. Why change priority in the list box and duration at right?
Posted 16 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.