Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Netvibes widget in FF3

ihartchris says:
I've noticed that the Netvibes widget cannot stay logged in when using Firefox 3 despite the "Remember me" box being checked.

Maybe this is just a version detection thing because the widget works fine otherwise.
Posted at 4:41pm on February 2, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Not sure if you've seen this already, but would it be possible to try the steps on this page (under the first item)? Hope this helps -- if you still experience problems, please let me know. Thanks!
Posted 16 years ago
ihartchris says:
Thanks, that did the trick!
Posted 16 years ago
sdether says:
I just installed FF3b3 on Mac OS X and it breaks the the RTM Netvibes widget. The widget only loads in default size (which for login means the buttons are hidden) and if you do manage to log on, it has no content except header. Not sure if this is even something you guys can change or if this is in Firefox's court.
Posted 16 years ago
pascal.quantin says:
I'm experiencing the same issue as the one reported by sdether with FF3b3 on WinXP: widget loads at default size and only the header gets displayed after login.
Posted 16 years ago
Thanks for reporting this -- we'll check out the issue with Firefox 3 Beta 3.
Posted 16 years ago
db3 says:
This also happens on Ubuntu and using the Netvibes beta.
Posted 16 years ago
(closed account) says:
Same thing happens to me with current Netvibes and FF 3 beta 3 - only headers in the widget display when I login. However, it is a bit unpredictable - yesterday I got "normal" RTM for a while, now it's bad again.
Posted 16 years ago
johnny72k says:
Same thing happens to me with Netvibes 'Ginger' and FF 3 beta 3 - only headers in the widget display when I login.
Posted 16 years ago
pascal.quantin says:
The issue is still present with Firefox 3.0 beta 4.
I don't know if it can help but the following error appears in the error console:

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Access to property denied" code: "1010" nsresult: "0x805303f2 (NS_ERROR_DOM_PROP_ACCESS_DENIED)" location: "http://static.rememberthemilk.com/js/compiled/rtm.netvibes.13.js Line: 367"]
Posted 16 years ago
sdether says:
Just here to add my ditto that the problem persists in the FF3b4.. So it's back to FF3b2 for me
Posted 16 years ago
kirklarsen says:
I'm on Netvibes Ginger with FF3b4 and am also experiencing this issue. HELP!!! I can't live without my RTM!!!
Posted 16 years ago
sdether says:
Any ideas if the upcoming Beta5 will fix this (as it's the last beta). Is this a Firefox problem, a Netvibes problem or an RTM problem?
Posted 16 years ago
sawu says:
I have the same problem using FF3beta4 and Netvibes Ginger on a XP machine. It just shows a blank widget...
Posted 16 years ago
kirklarsen says:
I tried the prerelease of Beta5 and the problem still exists. I haven't noticed anything else not working right in the newer FF3, so it looks like it's either a Netvibes problem, or something with the RTM module. I think the RTM module is the most likely culprit. I'm very anxious to get this fixed! I really want to use the newer FF versions, but I can't live without this Netvibes module!

As an incentive for the RTM team, I hereby promise to upgrade to pro once you get this issue fixed!
Posted 16 years ago
We're continuing to investigate issues reported with the Firefox 3 betas across the different RTM features.

For anyone experiencing problems with a Firefox 3 beta, please be aware that while we're doing our best to support each beta version, we don't 'officially' support beta browsers (as so much can change between beta versions).

For the best results with the Netvibes module, I would recommend sticking with Firefox 2 if possible.

For those with continued problems with a Firefox 3 beta, would it also be possible to let us know:

1) Which Firefox 3 beta version you're using?

2) Which operating system you're using?

Thanks! :)
Posted 16 years ago
kirklarsen says:
Thanks for your reply Emily. It sounds like the official release of Firefox 3 will be within the next month or 2, so I'm glad that RTM is working on a solution.

As for the Netvibes module problems, I have noticed the behavior with both Beta 4 and 5 on both XP and Vista. As far as I can tell, the OS does not seem to matter.
Posted 16 years ago
pascal.quantin says:
Personally I'm experiencing the issue since FF 3.0b3 on WinXP SP2 + all latest patches.
Posted 16 years ago
sdether says:
Experiencing it since FF 2b3 on Windows XP and Vista, as well as Mac
Posted 16 years ago
meggani says:
I'm also experiencing it in 3b4 in Ubuntu 8.04 and in XP SP2
Posted 16 years ago
pascal.quantin says:
The error is still present with Firefox 3.0b5 on WinXP:

Warning: Error in parsing value for property 'border-style'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: http://www.netvibes.com/ajaxProxy.php?type=html&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rememberthemilk.com%2Fservices%2Fmodules%2Fnetvibes%2Frpc.rtm%3Ftheme%3DGinger%26lang%3Dfr_FR%26mid%3D677545780
Line: 18
Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Access to property denied" code: "1010" nsresult: "0x805303f2 (NS_ERROR_DOM_PROP_ACCESS_DENIED)" location: "http://static.rememberthemilk.com/js/compiled/rtm.netvibes.13.js Line: 367"]
Posted 16 years ago
(closed account) says:
I am still getting the same error (see my post above) on Vista SP1 + FF 3.0b5.
Posted 16 years ago
kolgoth says:
Sadly I must toss my $0.02 of compliance in with the "FF3b5 only displays headers" crowd... Running FF3b5 (obviously) and Vista Enterprise SP1 w/ all the latest from Redmond...

Works flawless in IE7 though - too bad I hate that browser... :-) Can't wait to see RTM workin!
Posted 15 years ago
gizmhail says:
Same error with Firefox 3 beta5 on :
- Windows XP
- Ubuntu 8.04 (RC)
Posted 15 years ago
kirklarsen says:
This problem still exists in the Release Candidate that is now out. Now that we're out of Beta and rapidly approaching the official release, has there been any luck in solving this issue?
Posted 15 years ago
emilime says:
It doesn't work on Firefox 3 RC1 on Windows XP.
Please update it soon!
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Still the same issue with running on Netvibes Ginger, Firefox 3 Release Candidate 1, Vista Service Pack 1, HP laptop.
Posted 15 years ago
mademyday says:
Same here, FF3b5 on Ubuntu 8.04.
Posted 15 years ago
emilime says:
nobody working on this bug?
Posted 15 years ago
We're working to have full compatibility for all RTM features and gadgets once the final release of Firefox 3 is out. Thanks to everyone for providing details of the issues they've encountered!
Posted 15 years ago
prowdtobebrown says:
just a suggestion to everyone using FF3 and netvibes. as a temporary fix just use the web page widget in netvibes and add the igoogle module for rememberthemilk.

igoogle module:
http://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/igoogle/

hope that helps!
Posted 15 years ago
kirklarsen says:
Actually, I had to use the following URL:
http://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/modules/googleig/

It doesn't automatically adjust the height, but other than that, it works great. Thanks prowdtobebrown!
Posted 15 years ago
emilime says:
it doesn't work also in Firefox 3 RC2, same bug
Posted 15 years ago
kirklarsen says:
Well, FF3 will officially be released this coming Tuesday, June 17th. Any progress on the bug?
Posted 15 years ago
Still working on it... :)
Posted 15 years ago
sdether says:
Ho hum... i upgraded to FF3 and will just had to do without RTM integration until the fix gets out.
Posted 15 years ago
The Netvibes module now supports Firefox 3 (yay!). Please let us know if you experience any problems. Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
emilime says:
Great! Thanks :-)
Posted 15 years ago
sdether says:
Yay!

Works great on Mac, but on windows (XP) i only see the first group (Overdue) of tasks.
Posted 15 years ago
na2rboy says:
is anyone else's module only a couple of inches tall? I can barely see any of the tasks, and there is no way to make it taller.
Posted 15 years ago
na2rboy says:
bump
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.