Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

iPhone - Remember The Password

rentmej says:
Checking out the RTM optimized for the iPhone, using the free trial, and think it's great and would love to go Pro, but it doesn't remember my password.

m.rememberthemilk.com saves my password, i.rememberthemilk.com doesn't.

If I go Pro, would it remember me, or is this something coming in a newer version and I should just wait?

Thanks
Posted at 5:41pm on January 27, 2008
meckler says:
I see the exact same problem, on my iPod Touch (using free trial account).
Is there anyone using an iPhone/iPod Touch with a pro account who can verify that it works?

Posted 16 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Would it be possible to clarify what's happening? Is it taking you to the login screen again even though you've logged in previously (and haven't logged out)?

The iPhone/iPod touch won't remember passwords (these devices can't store passwords), but if you've logged in previously it should keep you logged in if you close RTM and come back again.

Thanks!
Posted 16 years ago
meckler says:
It was always redirecting me to the login page, forcing me to reenter my password each time I entered the site, even though I never logged out.

I think I figured out what was going on. The first time I tried to access it, I entered my login info and immediately made a bookmark on my home screen. But that URL had a "?trial=1" in it, and it seems that's what made it always redirect me to the login page. If I just bookmark http://i.rememberthemilk.com then it remembers my login info just fine.
Posted 16 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Ah, it looks like that's it -- thanks so much for letting us know. We'll fix this up so that it won't redirect to the login screen when that URL is bookmarked.
Posted 16 years ago
rentmej says:
Thanks meckler, exact same thing was happening to me.

Everything works great now and I don't have to keep entering my alphanumeric password over and over again.
Posted 16 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.