Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

GMail + RTM extenstion stops GMail loading

cosmichound says:
I've installed the RTM plugin for GMail. I had to set my language to US English to get the new GMail version.

But, now when I go to GMail I get the "this page is taking longer than usual to load" screen and it never loads.

I can get round this by selecting 'Basic View', letting that load, then selecting 'Standard View' and after that it works fine until I restart the browser.

I'm using Firefox 2 and I don't think it's a clash with other extensions as it does the same on a couple of other machines (which have different extenstion) too.

Cheers,
Posted at 10:37am on January 17, 2008
sosnowsk says:
This happened to me several times the other day. I suspected it was a google problem at the time, but I don't know for sure. Its been fine lately, no loading issues at all.
(I'm using Firefox 2, Vista)
Posted 16 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Just wanted to mention that the RTM extension can only load after Gmail has successfully loaded -- so if you're receiving this message in Gmail, it's most likely a temporary Gmail issue (these are usually resolved very quickly) or a connection issue. Hope this helps!
Posted 16 years ago
luebster says:
I've noticed too that the URL in the address bar sometimes has some querystrings or whatnot leftover from a previous session, which causes the Loading... message to persist.

Simply truncating the URL back to the root and hitting go (or pressing enter) fixes this for me.
Posted 16 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.