Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

When network access is temporarily interrupted

nah.why says:
When I'm editing a note (perhaps other inputs too) and network access is unavailable (adapter not plugged in, laptop in new place and I haven't gotten their wifi yet, wifi turned off, ethernet cable not plugged in, circuit breaker tripped--these are all temporary conditions, note) I get a popup that says something to the effect of "no internet access...reload" and the only option is "reload".

But, if I restore internet access (eg, turn on my wifi) the same message is still there, and the only option is "Reload". I have unsaved edits, possibly several paragraphs, and I can't get to them.

If there was a "Retry" it would probably work because internet access is restored. If there was at least a way for me to scroll and grab the text I entered I could save it and re-enter it later. But the error report window is modal, and I can't interact with the page behind it in any way.

Is there any help for me?
Posted at 12:26am on May 26, 2024
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi nah.why,
Sorry about these scenarios! I'll add this to our list to investigate.

I don't have any other workarounds for you currently aside from copying the note or taking a screenshot and "transcribing" that where possible. I apologize for any inconvenience!

Also, if this seems to happen unexpectedly, please let us know! We'd want to make sure your experience is as smooth as possible.
Posted 8 weeks ago
nah.why says:
Thanks for the reply. At least I know you care :)
Posted 7 weeks ago