Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

repeating a task monthly, but only some months (eg winter)

nah.why says:
I'd like a task to repeat monthly but only in winter, ie only some months, not all 12 months of the year.

I know I can create 5 yearly tasks, one for each month of the year during winter, but those tasks won't share notes (properties).

The way weekly repeat works, is you get to select which days of the week they repeat. A weekly task that repeats every day of the week is akin to a daily task.

Another way to say that is, if you want a daily repeating task, but only on some days of the week, not all, you step up to a weekly repeating task, and select a subset of the days of the week to repeat on.

Similarly, if you want a monthly repeating task but don't want to repeat every month, you could step up to a yearly repeating task where you could select which months in which it repeats. Such a featre would serve my purposes of repeating monthly but only some months, eg only in winter.

Unless I missed it, this feature does not exist.

If that's true, I'd like to request it.

In general, I find the repeat options to be very comprehensive. I'm a little surprised this isn't already there--it seems to have every other option imaginable--so kudos to the developers and keep up the good work!
Posted at 4:08pm on July 20, 2023
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi nah.why,
You're right that this isn't available and highlight the drawbacks very specifically!

I'll pass this on to the development team to review, and we appreciate your feedback! Let me know if I can help with anything else in the meantime! 💙
Posted 9 months ago
tjmurphy66 says:
I've got a "pay a tax" type bill that repeats 10 months then defers for 2 months and starts again. For me it's easy / logical enough to just complete it 3 times the last time in the cycle. That way the notes still carry through.
Posted 9 months ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.