Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Gmail add-on behaviour changed

steve23606 says:
The GMail RTM add-on has changed its appearance and no longer allows the task name to be edited. The data fields styling seems to have reverted to a generic appearance.
Posted at 11:33pm on April 20, 2023
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi steve23606,
We received another report of this and are looking into it. Sorry it's affecting you as well! We're looking into this but have not been able to reproduce it thus far, so would appreciate any details you can offer.

For example, you may want to try disabling any browser extensions you use (just temporarily) to see if that affects the add-on, because one of them could be interfering with the add-on.

It may also be worth checking another browser to see if the add-on works in another one, which could narrow down to a specific browser problem.

Last, if you have another Gmail/Google Apps account it may be worth trying that to see if it's specific to one account.

Keep me posted on what you find and feel free to contact us to send any screenshots or other specifics you want to discuss privately.
Posted 11 months ago
peter.smulders says:
I get the problem in one account (paid Workspace) and not another. Tried disabling AdBlock and clearing cookies to no avail.
Posted 11 months ago
peter.smulders says:
For the record: problem mysteriously fixed.
Posted 11 months ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
I shared an update in another topic but want to share it here as well since it was the first report of this issue in the forums:

The development team hasn't changed anything on our end, as we haven't been able to reproduce this and were still gathering information.

Our developer's understanding is that this is likely a problem on Google's end (since the add-on code is executed on their servers instead of ours) and some interaction with Gmail and the add-on, possibly a new version of Gmail. (Long-time Remember The Milk/Gmail users in particular know that those can roll out slowly, which may explain why it is not consistent for everyone!)

Anyhow, we are still investigating this even if it is working again for some people, so please keep us posted of any changes either way! 💙
Posted 11 months ago
steve23606 says:
I can report that the GMail add-on is now behaving as expected again.
Posted 11 months ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.