Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

default sort order?

sean808080 says:
hello

i love rtm! just wondering why the sort order is alpha for unprioritized tasks. shouldn't it be by entry date/time ascending to be a true to-do list?

sure wish it could be changed...maybe i'm missing it?
Posted at 5:18pm on November 10, 2005
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
The current sorting is described in the help section here.

We'll be looking to add sorting options in the future -- can you describe how you'd wish to sort your list?
Posted 18 years ago
kml says:
I'd like to sort my tasks by due date, then by priority, then alphabetically. Tasks without due dates should appear at the bottom of the list, sorted by priority and then alphabetically.
Posted 18 years ago
sean808080 says:
i prefer fifo for unprioritized or those without due dates
Posted 18 years ago
wjklos says:
I'm with kml.

* Date (& Time) if specified
* Priority
* Alphabetical

* No Due date items with priority at the end of the current day's priority list for that color (alpha or fifo)
* No Due Date items with no priority are last (alpha, but fifo is a good idea too)
Posted 18 years ago
kopurdy says:
I think wjklos sums it up nicely.
Posted 18 years ago
(closed account) says:
I'm with kml and wjklos too. The way I work, a task with the the earliest due date is by definition of a higher priority than one with a later due date. This is not to be confused with the importance of a particular task. If I have an important task that requires my attention in order to make its deadline, I either postpone or reschedule tasks currently ahead of it in the que to ensure on-time completion of the important task.
Posted 18 years ago
zenmasterdan says:
A manual reordering option (like Basecamp) would be awesome as well - i.e. drag task items up and down yourself.
http://basecamphq.com/tour-todos.php

Thanks for an awesome tool! Dan in Dallas.
Posted 18 years ago
nomad says:
I reckon a manual reordering option AND an ability to set a default ordering based on the types of choices indicated in this thread would be perfect :)
Posted 18 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.