Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Help for webhooks

sirlouen says:
Is there a way I can query a URL in case some event happens?

I've read there is a subscription webhook with this hooks:
- changes_available
- task_completed
- task_created
- task_received
- task_tagged

But there is no hook for example for "due_date" or "start_date", assuming that any external script, must be cron-querying the permanently the data of the tasks API, in order to set actions for such events (due and start dates)

It would be great to expand the functionality of the hooks with this, because otherwise, I feel that rate limits will hinder seriously for such application.

I'm trying to build my own Telegram bot, that basically sends me a notification message when a task is on due date or start date.

But basically I cannot do this straight away RTM <-> Telegram. I need to build a script in the middle with storage, that basically manages all this process. I would even be happy to do this with something like Zapier (but obviously they only have triggers implemented for such 4 hooks mentioned above :( )
Posted at 10:39am on September 20, 2022
sirlouen says:
I've created the Idea also in case

https://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/ideas/28349/
Posted 1 year ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi sirlouen,
Yes, thanks for your feedback! Your Ideas forum post is great, and we appreciate you making it!

In the meantime, I'll pass on your full message to the development team too so they know what you're looking for. We use feedback of all kinds as we work on new features and improving the Remember The Milk apps. Thanks again! 💙
Posted 1 year ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.