Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Due time for tasks different on web vs apps

(closed account) says:
Ok, I set a reminder to remind me every day for 10 days at 8:00 PM to take my antibiotics. On my iPhone, iPad, Mac, Windows and Linux app, it's set for 8:00 PM. On the website, it tells me my task is due at 1:00 AM.

On all my devices and on the website, my timezone is set to Eastern Time.

When I login the web it tells me my timezone has changed and wants me to switch to GMT. I hjave confirmed that my PC is set to EST for my timezone. As well as the Mac and the Linux laptop.

I created the task on the web, and all my devices told me the task was past due and was due at 3:00 PM.

This is obviously a time zone issue. I just don't understand where to fix it.
Posted at 2:23am on January 6, 2022
(closed account) says:
Another piece to the puzzle. Works fine in MS Edge (Chromium), but does not work properly in Firefox.
Posted 2 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi apastuszak,
If this is happening in Firefox, it's likely a privacy setting that prevents timezone detection because of use in "fingerprinting". You can see more discussion here.

I don't know of a way to enable timezone detection without disabling the fingerprinting setting, but you can see more details about disabling it on Mozilla's site.

Keep me posted on what you find and let me know if that makes a difference or not!
Posted 2 years ago
(closed account) says:
Can we get RTM to check to see if it's Firefox and if it is, just use the timezone you have configured in your settings?
Posted 2 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.