Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Make a task with a counter feature?

andyjgonzalez says:
Hello,

I just started using RTM, and I really like it.

I was wondering if there's a way to make a task that has a counter feature. For example, I'd like to make a weekly task to exercise three times per week. But I don't want to have to set exactly which day(s) I'll be exercising. So I'd like to be able to tap the task "complete" after exercising one time, and the task would add 1 to the counter. Once the counter hit 3, the task would be "fully complete". I searched around the forums a bit, but didn't find this functionality available.
Posted at 2:18am on April 17, 2021
martingchapman says:
I don't think this feature is available currently, you could raise it as a request in the Ideas forum - https://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/ideas/

As a workaround you could create a task called, say "Weekly Exercise" with three sub tasks called say "One", "Two" and "Three".
You set the main task to repeat weekly.

Set the main "Weekly Exercise" task to appear on your Weekly ToDo List.
When you do day one you complete task "One".
When you do day two you complete task "Two"
When you do day three you complete the main "Weekly Exercise" task which would then repeat for next week (this action will also complete task "Three").
The repeated "Weekly Exercise" task will contain the three uncompleted daily exercise tasks "One", "Two" and "Three".
Repeat every week.

Not as simple or easy as your suggestion but I hope it may be of use.
Posted 3 years ago
andyjgonzalez says:
Thank you! That's a good idea for a workaround. I didn't know about the subtasks.

I'll also post this on the Ideas forum. Thanks again!
Posted 3 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.