Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Compound filter not working

sfcurley says:
I'm trying to create a filter that shows tasks completed or updated today. I've created a SmartList that says: updated:today OR completed:today. Either filter works by itself, but they won't work together for some reason. This is also true in the search box at the top. Any suggestions here.

As an aside, the reason I feel like I need this smart filter is to guard against / review for accidental multi-select moves or completions, which continues to be a major concern for me as I still occasionally find myself with more than the intended tasks selected when I check things off or postpone them. I *really* think an RTM app-wide option to disable multi-select would a good one to have.
Posted at 3:18pm on March 4, 2021
sfcurley says:
Bump on this, question...

"I'm trying to create a filter that shows tasks completed or updated today. I've created a SmartList that says: updated:today OR completed:today. Either filter works by itself, but they won't work together for some reason. This is also true in the search box at the top. Any suggestions here on why this wouldn't work or workarounds, aside from creating two separate filters?"
Posted 3 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi sfcurley,
Thanks for getting in touch. We appreciate your continued feedback on the multi-select.

Your search would include both sets of tasks but those are not visible at the same time. You can switch between those at the top.

I'd be interested to know how the multi-select is affecting you, but it might help to click on a task's row (not the checkbox) by default, which would only select one task at a time (deselecting any others you had selected).

Hope this helps a bit!
Posted 3 years ago
sfcurley says:
Thanks, Andrewski. Understood on the not being able to see completed and incomplete tasks at the same time, although that would be nice to have in Smart Filter.

On the multi-select issue, I am trying to remember to NEVER use the checkboxes, but it's an effort because, you know, boxes are there to be checked! The big thing is the risk of checking off an important task mistakenly, which given what I do, can be very costly. (If there's a way to email you, I'll share a story I'd rather not share in the forum to illustrate the issue, although that particular issue didn't occur due to the multi-select issue, but it's the kind of thing that could.)

Thanks.
Posted 3 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi sfcurley,
We understand what you mean, thanks for the feedback! And yes, if you wanted to contact us we'd love to hear your story!
Posted 3 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.