Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Creating a shortcut to run on apple watch

savva.a says:
Ideally there would be a complication on the Apple Watch that allows you to press it and take you directly to add task via dictation. Also I'd rather not see the number of tasks due today on the complication as that's not how I work.

As that's not currently possible I went about creating a shortcut that can be set as a complication on the watch. The shortcut runs fine on my phone, however when I run the shortcut from the watch it doesn't work properly.

The shortcut simply listens for dictated text, then uses that info to create a task in RTM. When I run it from the watch it will listen for the dictation, but then open the add task screen which requires me to dictate all over again.

I'd appreciate some help getting this shortcut working from the watch. Thanks!
Posted at 9:44am on September 30, 2020
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi savva.a,
Thanks for getting in touch. You may want to contact us to discuss this shortcut specifically, because I would be curious to know the steps there.

More generally, does using Siri to add a task work? You could add a task "remotely" without needing to go into the app that way.
Posted 3 years ago
savva.a says:
More generally, does using Siri to add a task work? You could add a task "remotely" without needing to go into the app that way.- Probably but I never can remember the right syntax, add to RTM, RTM add task etc.

I think when you are in a hurry, hitting button, speak the task and then done is much less to think about.

It's the most simple shortcut imaginable as I don't really know what I am doing!

https://imgur.com/a/HNTNRwa
Posted 3 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi savva.a,
Sorry for the delay in responding. I've added this to our list to investigate.

In the meantime, it may be better to use the Siri integration, whether the newer one we discussed or the previous "Remind me" integration that syncs over CalDAV.

Hope this helps for now!
Posted 3 years ago
savva.a says:
I saw your response thanks, I will give that a try.
Posted 3 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.