Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Google Calendar Problems

dzrhino says:
I tried to use RTM with Google Calendar under Firefox. Many times I would put in todos that would either not show, appear sometimes, or show up on the wrong days. I couldn't tell if I had todos on a given day for sure unless I logged in to RTM and checked directly. I went over the instructions on use many times and finally gave up. RTM doesn't work smoothly with Google Calendar, at least for me, so I dropped RTM.

Now everytime I access google calendar, it asks me if I want to add the RTM calendar. This happens no matter what. I've tried deleting the calendar and adding it again. I've tried hiding it. I've tried checking and unchecking it. Do I have to cancel my membership to RTM to get rid of it? Is there something I should do on your website?
Posted at 5:19pm on July 19, 2007
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
dzrhino, thanks for letting us know. This sounds like it may be a problem with Google Calendar -- does this topic on the Google Calendar Help group sound like the problem you're experiencing? Google has some steps to try to resolve this issue -- if you still experience problems, there are details for contacting them in that topic too. If the problem is with Google Calendar, unfortunately this isn't something that we can fix on our end. Sorry I can't be of more help!
Posted 16 years ago
psuliin says:
I'm having a similar problem on both Google Calendar and the Netvibes module: The RTM tasks run a day behind. For example on Google calendar I'll click the RTM icon for August 18, and the popup shows that days tasks set for the next day, August 19.

The same thing happens on Netvibes: "Today's" tasks are always dated "Tomorrow."

Since this is happening on both Netvibes and Google it seems to be a problem at RTM's end.
Posted 16 years ago
magnoliasouth says:
If I allow it to date itself, that is if I click the plus sign on 8/31 and add the task without typing out a date, then I too have the problem. On the other hand, if I manually type in 8/31 into the RTM date, it does stick.

I'm not sure what the problem is as far as dating goes. I really do believe the date issue is on the RTM side and not the Google side.
Posted 16 years ago
psuliin says:
Magnolia, I tried your suggestion. On my Google Calendar I opened the RTM window for today - 8/19 - and added a task. I typed 8/19 into the Due field and saved the task. The next time I opened RTM the new task was listed for 8/18, which the popup informed me was "Today".

BTW, Google Calendar still is not listed on my "Services" list here at RTM, even though they're clearly authorized to access my account.

I really don't think this is a Google problem.
Posted 16 years ago
magnoliasouth says:
Hmmm. Well it does work for me, but I agree that this isn't a Google problem. Gcal is not listed on my services either. In fact, nothing is.
Posted 16 years ago
carolann.jarnagin says:
No, Google Calendar shows the correct date - it's the RTM date that's a day behind for me as well. Very irritating, especially since I went with RTM especially to integrate with my Google Calendar.
Posted 16 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
For anyone with tasks being added or displaying one day off (in Google Calendar, the Google gadget, or Netvibes), would it be possible to double check to make sure that your timezone setting in Remember The Milk matches your system timezone on any computers where you use the site? It's also important to check the location of the timezone to make sure that they match.

If you continue to experience problems, please let us know. Thanks!
Posted 16 years ago
carolann.jarnagin says:
That did it - my profile was set to US eastern time. I reset it to central and the dates lined back up again. Thanks!
Posted 16 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.