Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Repeating a Task a couple of times a week

(closed account) says:
OK, so what i want to do is set a task to repeat a couple of times a week and always have the due date on Sunday. To put it simple: i want to set up a "go running" task, that repeats itself every week twice and has a due date until Sunday the same week. Problem is when i set it to repeat lets say every Monday and Tuesday the due date is always one week ahead. So the task repeating on Tuesday has the due date set to next Tuesday which i don't want.
I want to use this for several tasks, like going to the gym(2/week), running(2/week), learning Japanese(4/week) etc.
I kinda solved the problem by just duplicating the tasks as many times as i need them, but i wanted to know if i could do it with just one task.
Posted at 1:30am on January 21, 2020
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi andyyyman,
If I understand right you're looking for a way to say that you want the task to repeat twice but not more than that in a given week?

That's not possible directly, but it would be possible to set your task to repeat twice per week on given days, e.g. every week on Tuesday and Saturday or after Tuesday, Saturday (or different days of course).

You can pick days that you typically go running (or other things) and then postpone each given task as needed throughout the week.

The next task will then generate on the next day you expect to run, and you would only end up with two per week.

Hope this helps!
Posted 4 years ago
(closed account) says:
thx for the quick answer i will try that :)
but in the meantime I've run (lol) into another problem:

I made a "go running" task:
start day: Monday 20.01
due day: Sunday 26.01
repeat every Monday

i completed this task today (22.01) but now i have a new "go running" task in my inbox for this week with the following specifications:
start day: Tuesday 21.01
due day: Monday 27.01
repeat every Monday

but what i want is a new task that looks like this:
start day: Monday 27.01
due day: Sunday 02.02
repeat every Monday

how can i do that?

Posted 4 years ago
(closed account) says:
if i set it with repeat after one week and check it off it creates a new task with:
start day: Thursday 23.01
due day: Wednesday 29.01
repeat after one week

man i don't get the how repeat works at all :/
Posted 4 years ago
(closed account) says:
OK, so repeat every week solved that problem, but i still don't understand what repeat every Monday does.
Posted 4 years ago
(closed account) says:
or repeat after one week for that matter
Posted 4 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi andyyyman,
Repeats are based on the due dates only, so your task would generate on Monday when you set it that way.

You could set your task to repeat every Sunday or after Sunday if that would be preferable.

Hope this helps!
Posted 4 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.