Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Setting dates on a repeating task

alison2106 says:
I do an event on the last Sunday of each month that has set tasks running up to the event date but am finding it difficult to work out how to set dates for those tasks as it needs to be one day before, 2 days before, 4 days before, 10 days before, etc. This is proving difficult as obviously some months have 4 Sundays and some 5. Any ideas gratefully accepted!!!!
Posted at 11:12am on December 16, 2019
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi alison2106,
Your best bet will probably be to set them up as best you can schedule, and then postpone them all by a week if needed.

Another option would be a main task with subtasks, because the subtasks would be set for the same number of days before each month, and then you could postpone those as needed too.

Hope this helps!
Posted 4 years ago
alison2106 says:
Thanks for that. I was hoping to avoid postponing tasks as I'm trying to be really strict on doing what appears. May put a request in to do a task day minus x day as a repeat option. Not sure how difficult that would be but it would be awesome 😊
Posted 4 years ago
robert.ward says:
This is something that could be done using the RTM API. Details on the API here: https://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/api/

Let me know if you want more info on how it could be done and automated.
Posted 4 years ago
martingchapman says:
@robert.ward
Not relevant to this requirement but RTM badly needs a Chrome add on, could this be done using the API and would you know how to do it?
Posted 4 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.