Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

RTM for Gmail - Link back to GMail gives "This site can't be reached" error

martingchapman says:
The RTM for GMail add-on is creating tasks from Gmails as expected.
However, when I click on the "Linked with" Gmail icon in the Task a new browser tab opens with the message -

"This site can’t be reached
The web page at https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#all/%s16e6e616fc------ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
ERR_FAILED"

This is happening for all Gmails converted to Tasks (obviously the page url in the error message is different for each Gmail).
The actual url (in GMail) for the Gmail page given above is -"https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?shva=1#inbox/FMfcgxwGBmpLBQLtTRQbgLlNLN------"

I am not moving or archiving the Gmail the task was created from, it is still in my Inbox.
I have hidden the last 6 characters of the urls above for privacy reasons.
Posted at 10:06am on November 15, 2019
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi martingchapman,
It looks like you are using multiple sign-on. Does this work if you sign out of all Google Accounts and just sign in to the account you are linking back to?

Not that we expect that to be a sufficient resolution, but I'm curious if this matches an issue we're looking into already.

Keep me posted on what you find and we'll get that flagged correctly!
Posted 3 weeks ago
martingchapman says:
Hi andrewski,
I signed out of the two Google accounts that I was signed into and closed my browser session.
I then opened a new browser session, opened Gmail, signed in with my main account login only and sent an email to RTM using the add on.
Unfortunately the link back to the email did not work, same error.
Let me know if there is any other tests you need me to do.
Posted 3 weeks ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi martingchapman,
Sorry to hear that didn't help! It may be helpful if you're able to contact us so we can get a screenshot and more details.

Thanks!
Posted 3 weeks ago
martingchapman says:
@andrewski;
email sent to support.

Martin.
Posted 3 weeks ago
aaron.boydston says:
It might help isolate where the problem lies to manually copy and past the email url into your task's notes when you create the task. If that link works and the rtm created link does not work, you know the rtm link is problematic. If the known-good url does not work, you know the problem is in the process of opening the link. I've this kind of a problem when my default browser is logged into a different account than the account that the email was from.
Posted 14 days ago
martingchapman says:
@aaron,
Thanks for the excellent advice. I did actually do that and it proved the problem to be with the RTM link, not GMail.
However RTM have now fixed this problem with Web release v2325.WS
Posted 13 days ago
Log in to post a reply.