Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Ordering tasks in advance for next day

wpietron says:
Is there a way to pre-order tasks Today for Tomorrow with drag and drop? I would like to get up and have all the tasks in the correct order without rearranging them and wasting my time. I think they are ordered randomly (I have many tasks that repeats every day, I don't know it if matters). I would appreciate your help with it.
Posted at 8:25pm on October 26, 2019
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi wpietron,
Drag and drop sorting only applies to a specific view, so it's not possible to reorder "Tomorrow" and then have it show up in "Today".

We appreciate your feedback that you'd like to use it in this way, and I've passed your message on to the development team for review.

If you are using a Smart List that works with today's tasks and tomorrow's you could reorder that, and the order would be preserved since the tasks stay in view.

Let us know if we can ever help with anything else!
Posted 4 years ago
wpietron says:
Hi andrewski,

thank you for your answer. I would appreciate you share the feedback from development team. I have several repetitive tasks and ad-hoc tasks every day so Smart List is not enough to have them sorted automatically in the order of planned execution. The ability to set the proper order of tasks with drag and drop in the evening for the next day is my most missing feature of your great RTM.

It has been confirmed by science that you save a lot of internal power if you do your tasks one by one in the pre-planned order instead of considering which task should be the next one and picking them from the list.

Anyway, thank you for RTM and have a good day.
Posted 4 years ago
coasterguy53433 says:
As a workaround, I've created my own smart list that sorts alphabetically.

For the morning, I put a number at the beginning of the task name.

For the evening, I put a lowercase letter at the beginning of the task name. (I use later letters in the alphabet so they show up last.)

Examples:
01 Call mom
02 Shower
03 Get groceries
04 Call doctor re: appointment

x Put laundry away
y Lock doors and windows
z Set alarm

You can even make these recurring so they populate each day.
Posted 4 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.