Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

web app keeps telling me there's a new version available

willkg says:
I use the Remember The Milk web app and keep it in a pinned tab. I use Firefox nightly. For the last week or so, Remember The Milk keeps popping up the "An update to Remember The Milk is available. Reload now." I click on "Reload now" and then 10 seconds later, it tells me the same thing.

Any idea what might be happening? Any idea how to figure out what version I'm using?
Posted at 8:58pm on March 20, 2019
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi willkg,
Sorry to hear that! You may want to try clearing your cache to see if that helps unstick whatever is stuck and get that update to apply correctly.

Otherwise, you may also want to look at any extensions that could be affecting the web app.

Keep me posted on what you find!
Posted 5 years ago
willkg says:
Looks like clearing cache fixed it. Thank you!
Posted 5 years ago
I'm glad to hear that helped.

Let us know if we can ever help with anything else!
Posted 5 years ago
willkg says:
I take it back. I'm getting the message over and over again.

Is there any way I can see what version I'm using?
Posted 5 years ago
Sorry to hear that's returned!

If you're using the beta version it will appear at the bottom right of the details pane (behind tasks, down by the blog / about / help / etc. links).

If you're using the stable version, you'll need to dig into the Developer Tools to see which version you're using. You can open those and check the Elements or Sources tabs to see the version.

(It's most easily spotted in the Elements in the Styles pane on the right, e.g. 'compiled.2285.css'; or in the Sources under 'www.rememberthemilk.com' > 'app' where a '_/version' folder is listed.)

As alluded above, currently the stable version is 2285, which is also the beta version. (In other words, we have not updated the beta channel since rolling out 2285.)

Keep me posted on what you find!
Posted 5 years ago
willkg says:
That was super helpful! Thank you!

Looks like I had 2283. I did a different method of removing cache and site data (probably what I should have done the first time around) and when it came back up, I had 2285. I'll keep an eye on it.

Thank you!
Posted 5 years ago
Hi willkg,
I'm glad to hear that. Let us know if there's anything we should note in our help or mentally about the different ways to clear the cache/site data.

Let us know if we can ever help with anything else too!
Posted 5 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.