Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Filtering out tasks due today with no time

arnoudengelfriet says:
I'd like to create a smart list that shows only items which are late, i.e. current time is later than the due time (e.g. Wed 10am).

However, when I create a smart list with dueBefore:now, I also see those tasks set as due today without a time (e.g. just Wednesday). I need to filter out those tasks, they are due today but not right now.

Is there a way to show the item with "due Wed 10am" but not the item with "due Wed"?
Posted at 1:24pm on November 2, 2018
pszaro says:
You can use this in your smart list:

not due:Today and dueBefore:now
Posted 16 days ago
arnoudengelfriet says:
Unfortunately that does not show the items that are due today at a time in the past (i.e. 10am when it's now 3pm). It does show items that were due yesterday or earlier. I want to show items due 10am today but not items due "today".
Posted 16 days ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi arnoudengelfriet,
The following should work for today's tasks:

due:today AND dueAfter:"today 0:00"

Hope that helps for your needs!
Posted 16 days ago
arnoudengelfriet says:
That almost does it, thanks! It does filter for items with only a due date and no time ,but it lets through items due on a specific time later today (e.g. 10pm when it's now 5pm).

It does not appear that "dueBefore:now" works as a time selector. Any way to say "this very moment"?
Posted 16 days ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi arnoudengelfriet,
Oh, sorry, I missed that part! To filter out tasks due later today you could add one more search:

due:today AND dueAfter:"today 0:00" AND NOT dueAfter:now

("now" should work as "at this very moment"—well, "at this minute" more like!—so if you're seeing any problems with that let me know.)
Posted 16 days ago