Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Stop Subtasks from repeating with their Parent

arduinijosh says:
I have a Task that I repeat everyday as a reminder to log my practice routine. In that parent Task, I use Subtasks to list all the items I currently need to be practicing (usually songs to learn or exercises I'm working on). However once I no longer need to practice a particular item (say I learned the song I was suppose to learn), I want to complete the Sub Task so it doesn't repeat the next day.

Is there a way around this?
Posted at 4:04pm on August 14, 2018
arduinijosh says:
Found a solution - if I "delete" the Subtask, it will disappear. If I only "complete" it, then it will appear again the next day.

I may find a use for completing something instead of deleting it in the future, so it's good to have options.
Posted 5 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi arduinijosh,
Yes, deleting would be the best way to do this. It may help to think of this as "I'm deleting this subtask from this instance of this task", i.e. "I'm not doing this subtask anymore".

Subtasks generate based on the parent task, so that's why completing wouldn't work there.

Let us know if we can ever help with anything else!
Posted 5 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.