Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

I can't use lower case t in any task descriptions.

dimension123 says:
For some reason it won't let me use t when typing out task descriptions.

I see it's mapped to add task/subtask - but I've never had problems before with it not allowing me just hit the t button when creating a new task.

I'm using PC / Win 10 / Chrome - all up to date.
Posted at 1:12am on March 18, 2018
martingchapman says:
With nothing else selected, if I hit "t" the add task box opens with the cursor in it ready to add the task description.
Once the add task box is open I can type as many "t"s as I wish.
Is this not what is happening for you?
PC/Win 10/Chrome
Posted 8 months ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi dimension123,
Sorry to hear about this!

As martingchapman mentioned, the 't' should only be mapped and not typed when no text boxes are selected.

If this continues, can you contact us so we can get some more specifics and help track this down?

Thanks!
Posted 8 months ago
dimension123 says:
It is still happening. I simply can't hit t when the text box is open for a new task.

Uppercase T is fine, and I can paste in a word with t in it and edit around.

I use a form filler called RoboForm - but that wouldn't / has never stopped any text entry in input fields. (Also I have disabled it and the problem persists)

Update: I've just tried all characters and the v key doesnt work either.

I also tried other browsers, and the problem is only in Chrome. (Firefox, IE, Edge are all fine)

If no-one else is reporting this then don't worry about it because it must be something my end interfering with the text input.

Thanks for the help.
Posted 8 months ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Interesting! Is it possible to try an Incognito window to see if it continues there? It's possible it's something else interfering—another extension, etc.

Keep us posted!
Posted 8 months ago
dimension123 says:
I tried an Incognito Window, and it works fine. I started disabling all my chrome extensions one by one and finally found the culprit to be something called User-Agent Switcher for Google Chrome.

Not too sure why I ever installed that, something to do with VPNs i think a while back.

Anyway - I removed that extension and now everything is working as intended.

Thanks for the help!
Posted 8 months ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Excellent, I'm glad to hear that helped! I'm not sure how that could interfere either, but it's great that you were able to narrow it down so quickly and get back in business. :)

Let us know if we can ever help with anything else!
Posted 8 months ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.