Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Reminders not linked to due date/time

(closed account) says:
Hi all,

I'm sure I'm missing something very obvious, but how do I set a reminder to pop up to remind me about a task?

The specific reason is that I have two tasks - charge Fitbit and unplug Fitbit. I always forget the second one. As such, when I do the first task, I'd like to set a reminder for two hours later for the unplug Fitbit task.

Many thanks,
Rich
Posted at 9:32am on March 8, 2018
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Rich,
It's not possible to have a second task due 2 hours from the first task, but what you can do is have a task + subtask pair that works in this way to keep these in lockstep.

Here's an example:
Task: Recharge Fitbit, due today, repeat after 2 days (or however often you want to be reminded)
* Subtask 1: Charge Fitbit, due 8 PM
* Subtask 2: Unplug Fitbit, due 10 PM

After setting that up, you'll be reminded of each task at the appropriate times, and then when you complete the "Recharge" task, each task/subtask would be generated for the next time as well.

The downside is that you won't be reminded exactly 2 hours after completing the "Charge" task, so that may not be exact if you don't charge it at the due time exactly, but hopefully that helps! :)
Posted 6 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.