Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Android widget does not sync

pk2155 says:
I've been having this issue for a while. My widget does not update when changes are made to RTM via the webapp. The main app on my phone does sync, but the widget does not UNLESS i make the change on the app itself. Then the widget does update. Anyone else have this issue or know of a fix? So far my workaround is to go into the app, complete a task and them immediately undo. At that point, the widget syncs.

My phone is a OnePlus A3000 running a variant of Android 8.0 (OxygenOS 5.0.1).
Posted at 1:48pm on February 2, 2018
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi pk2155,
Sorry to hear about this! It'd be great if you could contact us to send a screenshot of what you're seeing in the app and the widget when this occurs.

Also, it sounds like you switched to OxygenOS yourself? If so, if you're able to switch to your device's provided version to compare, that is a great detail to help the development team narrow down on what is causing this behavior.

Keep us posted on what you find!
Posted 6 years ago
pk2155 says:
Thanks for the reply, Andrewski. I will send the screenshots this evening. Actually, I did not switch my OS -- this is what ships with the OnePlus. It's not tied to any carrier, which is what I like about it. I have never had any issues with other apps syncing.
Posted 6 years ago
pk2155 says:
Weird. Suddenly it's working. I'll report back if anything changes.
Posted 6 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi pk2155,
I'm glad to hear it's working again! And sorry I misunderstood about OxygenOS; I forgot that detail!

Anyhow, yes, keep us posted if this comes back at all!
Posted 6 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.