Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Can I edit a single instance of a recurring task?

inejwstine says:
I have a recurring task, and I want to edit some of its details (perhaps the due date, priority, tag, etc.) but only for the current instance of that task, and not for future recurrences of that task. Can that be done? If not, that would be at the top of my wishlist for new features!

If not already implemented, this could maybe be accomplished with a dialogue window that asks if you want to edit the next occurrence, or every future occurrence when you make changes to a recurring task.

Example use case:
Say I have a task that repeats every month, but the exact due date could change month to month. I'd like to be able to change the due date for the instance that's due this month, but then after it's completed, the next recurrence will go back to the due date that was set for it when it was first created.
Posted at 9:29pm on February 1, 2018
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi inejwstine,
Using your example, you could set your task to when you anticipate it would repeat, say "every month on the 1st", and then postpone each task as needed, but it would keep the schedule from month to month.

Once the next task generates (after the first of the month, in my example) you can make changes to the current one without affecting the next task, but any changes to the next task or the current one before the next one has generated would carry over when the next task is generated.

Hope this helps!
Posted 6 years ago
inejwstine says:
Thanks andrewski, I'll give that a try!
Posted 6 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.