Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Data Usage over 4G

mantradrew says:
Hi, just wondering if anyone had an Idea of how much data this app would use on a daily/monthly basis

I would use this to sync with 4 other users with approximately 10-20 tasks per day

Hope this is enough information, I just need an approximate.
1GB per month?
Posted at 12:01am on October 2, 2017
robert.ward says:
It will be WAY less than that. It's just text. Images and video are what use up your data.
Posted 6 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi mantradrew,
We don't have any numbers to throw out there, but the main factors that would affect this would be the number of tasks (10–20 is not high), the number of changes, and any notes that would be involved.

Even with regular usage and changes in shared lists, approaching even 1GB would be quite a feat. :)

Let us know if you have any other questions!
Posted 6 years ago
Hi mantradrew,
In addition to what robert.ward mentioned, we don't have any numbers to throw out there, but the main factors that would affect this would be the number of tasks (10–20 is not high), the number of changes, and any notes that would be involved.

Even with regular usage and changes in shared lists, approaching even 1GB would be quite a feat. :)

Let us know if you have any other questions!
Posted 6 years ago
robert.ward says:
I was curious about this so I did some testing. I reset my account on my phone and the usage stats for cellular then logged back in.

Re-syncing everything used 2.9 MB and that is on what I would call "heavy usage" as I have over 12,000 incomplete tasks (most are subtasks) in RTM.
Posted 6 years ago
Good idea, robert.ward, that gives a nice snapshot of syncing your entire account. Even if you change every task multiple times it'd take quite a while to get 1GB. :)

Hope this helps you, mantradrew! :)
Posted 6 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.