Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

export task name text from smart lists

dwolfecentral says:
Hi,
I am new to RTM, and am trrying to figure out if this tool will work for me in helping me to develop a daily schedule. I am to the point where I can use smart lists to see my tasks for the day, but can not figure out how to get the data out without printing or copying by hand. I really just need the task names, but other info might be important if I ever need to generate reports, ... I intend to use the task names generated, and combine them with calendar data, to create a daily schedule, and task list for each day. I have searched, and see where people are making reports and interacting with calendars, but not much detail. What am I missing? If I get it working, I intend on getting the pro version as I will need sub-tasks, but can't justify it unless I can make it work for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!
Don
Posted at 2:39pm on September 22, 2017
dwolfecentral says:
Looking to export, or copy/paste...
Posted 6 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi dwolfecentral,
A few things that may work would be printing the list (especially to PDF), using the Daily Digest to get sent a copy of your daily etc. tasks, or using feeds or iCalendar in a similar way to get a set of tasks.

Let us know how that works and we'll see what else would work!
Posted 6 years ago
dwolfecentral says:
andrewski,
Ah, and the light bulb goes on! Thank you very much for your help! I installed a PDF printer and that worked, but clunky... Daily digest doesn't get me the Smart list I wanted, ... but using feeds. That is the perfect solution for me. I can see my tasks in outlook. This is terrific! Thanks again!!!
Don
Posted 6 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Don,
I'm glad to hear that will work for you, that's great! :)

Let us know if you have any feedback on anything else that would work better or any questions you have as you use the feeds!
Posted 6 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.