Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Change back from system font

tm36 says:
Hi,

Latest update with the system font isn't great for me, font looks horrible compared to the old one, is there a way to swap the font back or go back to an older version of RTM?
Posted at 8:04am on August 17, 2017
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi tm36,
Thanks for getting in touch. We appreciate your feedback!

We changed the app's font to use your desktop OS's font, which should help make sure the font is legible and performs well.

We don't currently offer a way to change this back, but we appreciate the feedback there.

In the meantime, we would be curious to know if it's not loading correctly or doesn't look good. Would it be possible to contact us to send a screenshot of what you're seeing? (You can actually send a screenshot through the app's contact form if that's easier, or just let us know and we can send you steps via email.)

Thanks again!
Posted 6 years ago
tm36 says:
Thanks, have sent it through using the app, no other app on the system seems to have the washed out, undefined font, cheers
Posted 6 years ago
gvbelltr says:
As I think I read elsewhere, this change also removed the bold facing of tasks that are due Today, and if you have the left panel open, the bold on the folder you are currently viewing. Like tm36, the font that I'm seeing on RTM is as not as readable as that in other apps using the system font (I'm on Windows 7 at work).
Posted 6 years ago
Hi gvbelltr,
We did make the font less bold on Windows, but it should be bold compared to other fonts.

It sounds like your font may not be loading as expected, so it'd be great if you could also contact us so we could make sure and see if there's anything else we need to do on our end!
Posted 6 years ago
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
Found this thread when wanting to complain about the new, not-so-bold, bold font.

The three first lines are bold, but could be bolder:
RTM
Posted 6 years ago
Thanks for your feedback, raymond.bergmark! We backed off the bold font a bit after initial feedback, but I've passed your feedback on to the development team. Thanks for the screenshot so we know how it's displaying for you!
Posted 6 years ago
ragmana says:
Seconding tm36, with an addition: One of your css files appears to have been recently updated with the !important flag to force application of the system UI font. This prevents a user's client-side scripts from "correcting" your design decisions.
Posted 6 years ago
Thanks for pointing that out, ragmana; I've passed your feedback on to the development team for review.
Posted 6 years ago
jimstone12 says:
How do I change font size
Posted 6 years ago
Hi jimstone12,
You can change the font size in the browser settings or desktop app; "View > Zoom" is the place to look in the desktop app and in most browsers.

Hope this helps!
Posted 6 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.