Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

batch edit tags by keyboard shortcuts

squonk says:
Hi,
probably I don't see the forest for the trees.
If I want to batch edit one or more tags I can't find a keyboard shortcut to toggle the checkbox of the tags (dropdown field).

Is there a shortcut?

Cheers!
Jens
Posted at 1:42pm on August 1, 2017
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Jens,
We don't currently offer bulk update of tags, sorry, but you can edit them in the left navigation bar:

https://www.rememberthemilk.com/help/answer/basics-tags-renametag

Let us know if we can help with anything else!
Posted 6 years ago
fant says:
Hi Andrew,
thanks a lot for your reply.
But there must be some misunderstanding.
Probably due to the fact that english is not my native langugage... or because I was not able to describe it as I meant....
So, what I meant is that if you mark more than one task in the list and want to batch edit the assigned tags by pressing the keyboard shortcut 's' a dropdown is shown with all tags.
Now, I'm pretty sure that there is a shortcut to toggle the checkboxes? Isnt't it? If so how?

Cheers!
Jens
Posted 6 years ago
fant says:
Hi Andrew,
thanks a lot for your reply.
But there must be some misunderstanding.
Probably due to the fact that english is not my native langugage... or because I was not able to describe it as I meant....
So, what I meant is that if you mark more than one task in the list and want to batch edit the assigned tags by pressing the keyboard shortcut 's' a dropdown is shown with all tags.
Now, I'm pretty sure that there is a shortcut to toggle the checkboxes? Isnt't it? If so how?

Cheers!
Jens
Posted 6 years ago
fant says:
Hi sorry - squonk and fant are the same user... :-P
Posted 6 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Jens,
(Thanks for clarifying the usernames! :)

And thanks for clarifying what you were looking for, sorry I misunderstood! Once you press 's' the only way to use the keyboard is to type the names of the tags; the list will filter for what you type, and pressing Enter would close the list and apply the selected tag.

So you can do this for one tag but not as easily for multiple; you'd need to repeat the 'press s; type a tag; press Enter' sequence for each tag you want to apply.

Hope this helps!
Posted 6 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.