Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Notes disappearing for repeating tasks

juliusz.gonera says:
Hi, i have a problem where my notes sometimes disappear from tasks that are set to repeat '1 day after'. I just complete those (not always on time), new tasks get generated and at some point the note just gets lost for the newly generated task.

I couldn't yet pinpoint the exact steps to reproduce this problem.

Does this happen to someone else also?
Posted at 7:49pm on July 24, 2017
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi juliusz.gonera,
Sorry to hear about this! You may want to contact us and let us know which app/apps you're seeing this with and we'll investigate and see what we can figure out!

Thanks!
Posted 6 years ago
juliusz.gonera says:
Yeah, already did. Unfortunately it seems RTM isn't interested in solving this bug.

I understand it isn't easy to reproduce, it does happen pretty reliably. I even reproduced the problem with a dummy task [1]

[1] https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0D5Ihxdnen2MEY1UmJ4d1hJWEE/view?usp=sharing
Posted 6 years ago
Sorry if you've gotten that impression, we're definitely eager to investigate this!

Thanks for those details on that task today; we were discussing this earlier. We're going to continue investigating, so we appreciate you keeping us updated!
Posted 6 years ago
juliusz.gonera says:
Great to hear. I created a directory with some screenshots [1].

Seems it might be some kind of sync issue. That most recent task without a note comes from the android app.

[1] https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0D5Ihxdnen2TF8yZWpyTUk3ZjQ
Posted 6 years ago
juliusz.gonera says:
On my phone, that task we're talking about has an empty note now. dated. Before it had a note with the text 'note' in it.
Posted 6 years ago
HI juliusz.gonera,
Ah yes, that tracks with what we were discussing on our end already, and it does seem like some kind of sync/Android issue, so we'll continue investigating! I'll let Tristan know you had sent these details so he can follow up as well.

Thanks again for all this info, and sorry for the inconvenience!
Posted 6 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.