Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Attatchements

mhoctober says:
Experts...can files be attached to tasks?
Posted at 9:46pm on July 10, 2017
potts7 says:
Something like this can be done by linking an Evernote account with RTM, but it is rather convoluted. I for one wish that RTM would make this happen - straight up support for attachments like docs, pdfs, audio, etc. Seems like all the competitors offer this.
Posted 6 years ago
martingchapman says:
There is no facility for direct attachments to tasks, but as @potts7 says you can link an Evernote note to a task.
Right click on a note in Evernote, click "Copy Note Link" then paste the note link into either the URL field of a task or into the notes section of a task.
When you click on the note link in the task it will open the note in Evernote (if you have it running on a PC) or open it in a browser (or both).

Hope this helps.

I guess the reason RTM does not offer it is because it would potentially take up a lot of space on the RTM servers.
Posted 6 years ago
mhoctober says:
Txs for the info :-)
Posted 6 years ago
sayanee says:
I have used URL fields to link to various files in dropbox, google drive, one driver, emails, etc.
Posted 6 years ago
fizzyice says:
RTM and evernote integrate with each other, link your evernote and RTM accounts together. After that, adding a reminder to an evernote note will automatically generate a new task in RTM with a link to that note.
Posted 6 years ago
(closed account) says:
I'm a new user who is used to having attachments to tasks (i.e. Outlook). Highly recommend offering this feature
Posted 6 years ago
rbrun says:
I sync my information with Dropbox. While I'm working in my notebook, if needed, I keep Dropbox opened. When I need to attach a file to a task, I select the file in Dropbox, click on Share button, click on Copy link button, and paste that link to any task/note in RTM. That doesn't use any significant space and it's kind of practical. Hope this helps.
Posted 6 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.