Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

In Today view, see what LISTS tasks belong to?

edwardchiu38 says:
Is there a way to see what LIST each task belongs to in the TODAY view?

Posted at 8:54pm on June 18, 2017
edwardchiu38 says:
Without clicking on the task, I'm trying to see it in the entire view for all the tasks.
Posted 6 years ago
tristo (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi edwardchiu38,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Yes! You are able to sort and group by lists in any view (including the Today list) by using advanced sorts - Pro accounts have access to these which allow for this :)
Posted 6 years ago
robfreundlich says:
I think what he means is that he'd like to see the name of the Task's list as a column in the TODAY view. So, instead of this:

[ ] Pick up dry cleaning..................................Today
[ ] Turn in TPS Report....................................Today

He'd see this:

[ ] Pick up dry cleaning......................Honey-do........Today
[ ] Turn in TPS Report........................Work................Today

Posted 6 years ago
tristo (Remember The Milk) says:
Thanks for that rob - good to get that feedback. You might be right here! Tags show up in this view as you've described, so it may be useful to use those as a way forward - and what I can also do is pass this back to the development team to consider for future features! :)
Posted 6 years ago
andy.jay says:
What Rob describes is what I'm looking for also. I've used this app on and off over the years and always stop using it because i build up a list of 100+ items and there's no way to view them in a way I'd like. I'd like to print out a report of all my tasks every morning sorted by Due Date / List with the LIST name showing.

Without the LIST showing I have to name each todo item with the list name so that i can see it. For example, I have a list called 'Finance' and i've added a todo named 'review all statements'. I have a separate list called 'School' where i've added a todo named ' order materials'. Without the list name the Today view is just not useful in that it should be obvious what needs to be done.

I'm probably not making sense here except that I need what Rob described.
Posted 6 years ago
andy.jay says:
This seemed like a pretty straightforward question. No way to do this? And yes, I emailed support also and have yet to receive a reply after a few days.
Posted 6 years ago
martingchapman says:
With a PRO account you can sort any list (including the default Today list) by Due Date and group it by List.

The effect of this is to separate the list into individual sections (Lists) with each section sorted by Due Date and each section with the List name as its header.

So if you print this list you get all your tasks, separated into individual sections with the relevant List name as a header, sorted by Due Date, but all on the same page.

However, this sorting/grouping option is only available to PRO users.
Posted 6 years ago
andy.jay says:
I appreciate that this is only for PRO users and I just became one.

What I'm trying to do is see ALL of my tasks sorted by Due Date, and within Due Date, sorted by List and I would like it identified what List a task is part of. Unfortunately the List that a task belongs to is not displayed.

It seems that all you ever display in the Tasks view is the task description and due date.

Posted 6 years ago
martingchapman says:
At the moment there is no way to do this.
How are you using Lists and Tags?
Could you substitute Tags for Lists?
Reduce the number of Lists you have, replace them with Tags. Then you could Sort tasks by Due Date and within Due Date sort by Tag.
This would show the Tag on every task.

May not be piratical for the way you use RTM but just an alternative view based on what RTM can do.
Posted 6 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.