Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Repeating Tasks are Duplicating Themselves

debuck3 says:
I use the web app and the application on Android. I've noticed that some of my repeating tasks (repeats weekly), are duplicating themselves at some point.

Whether on the computer, the web, or my Android, I got the same behavior and the same behavior when trying to fix it. I deleted the extra task. It asks if I want to stop repeating. I say yes. It deletes the task and removes the repetition from the other task (the copy I decided to keep). I then have to add the repeater back on that task to continue forward.

I'm not sure what actions are causing these tasks to duplicate. It doesn't seem to occur on any tasks that have the "after x days" type of repetition. It's never happened to tasks that have no repeat.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen? Is there a fix or bug report on this?
Posted at 1:44am on May 31, 2017
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi debuck3,
Sorry to hear about this!

It'd be great if you could contact us about this, as we'd love to investigate with some specifics like the "info" for each task—where it was added or updated, etc.

Thanks!
Posted 6 years ago
tjmurphy66 says:
I think I've seen this behaviour too but not often. No idea what caused it but I wondered if it was something to do with working on multiple platforms at similar times (or when one of them, like a phone, was offline). Could it then be getting confused when it tries to synch everything up?
Posted 6 years ago
debuck3 says:
Maybe. I sent over the data they requested and they're working on it. Probably hard to duplicate though. I use the phone, but with the latest instance of this occurring, I was using the web version.
Posted 6 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Normally the apps should sync up even if you're using multiple apps at the same time, one is offline and comes back online later, etc. Even if you're making conflicting changes to the same task at the same time (or while offline) this shouldn't be the end result. :)

Definitely some strangeness! It's most helpful if you can send us some details so we can investigate specifics and then track down what's happening. Thanks!
Posted 6 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.