Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Shared list tasks do not appear on Windows desktops and Android tablet, but do on iPhone and Android phone

mike.moses says:
We created multiple shared lists to manage tasks for multiple categories. At this point, many of the tasks we have entered have disappeared from the two Windows desktops and an Android tablet, but remain on the iPhone and Android phone. One desktop has been in use editing the lists and the user noticed tasks come and go during the day; the other one has not been active in RTM, but is missing the same tasks. How can we not lose the tasks on the phone and restore them to the desktop?

Posted at 11:41pm on May 30, 2017
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi mike.moses,
Sorry to hear about this. Depending on the apps, it may be good to have the contacts log out or clear the data to see if that brings the tasks back for them.

If not, it might be good for one of the contacts who can still see the tasks to move them to a new list, then move them back. Hopefully this will update them across each account/app and show them consistently for everyone.

Keep me posted on what you find and we'll see what we need to do!
Posted 6 years ago
mike.moses says:
Thanks for the suggestions.

I have tried logging out and back in. I also tried re-installing the app on one of the Windows desktops. Neither worked.

I am not sure how to accomplish moving them on the iPhone app. I do not see that option. I only see it on the desktop, but that is where the tasks are missing.

Is there an option to hide tasks on different devices that we may have triggered accidentally?
Posted 6 years ago
mike.moses says:
Never mind on moving. I just saw the ability to edit the List for a task.
Posted 6 years ago
mike.moses says:
I tried moving tasks and created a new list in the process. The tasks successfully moved on the iPhone, but only the list name appeared on the desktop. No tasks were displayed in it on the desktop.
Posted 6 years ago
Thanks for getting back to me with this information. Sorry to hear that didn't help.

Would it be possible to contact us so we could get some more specifics and help investigate what happened and how to resolve it? Thanks!
Posted 6 years ago
mike.moses says:
Thanks, unless you mean something other than the Help email contact, my wife already started a dialogue that we are now pursuing. It may be with you if you are the Andrew who asked her for screenshots. I just sent ones for my iPhone and my Windows desktop. I can get the other devices later, but the Windows desktops look the same as one another, and the issue is that tasks do not display. So, I am not sure screenshots will be all that helpful other than to verify what we are seeing. Perhaps, we need to think about how to look at the tasks and understand how they are defined.
Posted 6 years ago
Yes, that's me! We can continue in that conversation then, and I'll respond shortly!
Posted 6 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.