Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

"remind me today" not working on apple watch siri

dancheng says:
I have Siri reminders set up to work with RTM. If I say "Remind me today ______" on siri on my iPhone, it'll create a reminder that's due today at 12am. If I say the exact same thing on siri on my Apple Watch, it'll create a reminder with no due date (Due: never). This is a problem since I look at my tasks by due date and rarely look at my due:never tasks. It's also an inconsistency that appears to be a bug.
Posted at 9:10pm on April 11, 2017
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi dancheng,
Unfortunately we don't have control over how Siri responds to a request, even with our integration—it's only once the reminder is created that we can detect it and transfer it to your Remember The Milk account with the details as listed.

What you may want to do is to specify a time for any reminders due today, whether "today at midnight", "later today", or "today at 8"; or specify a later date just to make sure you'll see the task in your views or via reminders.

Hope this helps!
Posted 6 years ago
dancheng says:
Okay, thanks. I'd already been using the workarounds on the watch, but thought it was strange that Siri was behaving differently between iPhone and Apple Watch.
Posted 6 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
That is curious, and I hadn't noticed that detail before! We'll keep an eye on that on our end.
Posted 6 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.